[VAMPIRE/FANTASY/ROMANCE] When bloodlust is suppressed by a love so powerful, you’d rather not live if life is without it.
Strong, capable, intelligent heroines. Endearing protective heroes. Beyond the realm of reason romance. That’s Spectral.
- Flow: Moderate to fast-paced stories with chapter-ending cliffhangers.
- AGE: Teen, Young Adult, New Adult, and Adult are accepted.
- Proven category tropes including vampire vs human
- Stories featuring extraordinary heroines and the endearing men who fall for them.
- Authors we love: J.R. Ward, Bella Forrest, Charlaine Harris, Anne Rice, and Stephenie Meyer.
- Strong conflict. Is there a choice between humanity and the supernatural? Define and explore the decisions faced when humans and supernatural beings fall in love.
- POV should be split 50/50 between the hero and heroine. 3rd person POV is preferred,but 1st POV is acceptable and should be strong. No secondary characters should have their own POV.
- The heat level can be anywhere from a simmering spark to blazing.
- Single title manuscripts must be complete at 45-70K words in length.
- Single novellas are NOT accepted at this time. Novella series title installments must each be complete at 30-40K words in length and must be presented as serialized packages.
- Uncertain whether you’ve written a Spectral or Celest? Spectral centers around vampire life, whereas Celest can be any number of supernatural beings.
- Must include query letter and brief synopsis with submission
- Age play/pedophilia
- Bestiality. Steamy shape-shifter sex (in human form) is welcome.
- Edge play. Including, but not limited to, blood, breath, scat/urine, knife, and gun. If it’snot safe, we’re not interested.
- Incest. No blood relatives, please. We do, however, accept stepsiblings, and inlaws.
- Rape as titillation
Get notified of advanced book and software releases!
Enter your e-mail address to receive regular updates, as well as news on upcoming events and special offers.