[CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE] Romance is an omnipresence the mind has conditioned itself to view as a standard entitlement, leaving levels unexplored and others taken for granted. Dating with and without specific goals, hidden agendas, and rebounds are Trysts.
Uncertain but convincing romance. That’s Tryst.
- Moderately paced stories with chapter-ending cliffhangers.
- Proven category tropes including, but not limited to, relationships of convenience, narcissist vs empath, rebounds, mail order brides, and space-fillers.
- Stories featuring heroines and the everyday, relatable man who court them without clear intentions.
- Romance must be the central plot. The couple should be together on almost every page.
- Strong conflict. This is a major deal. Why can’t people just be clear about what they want? Why can’t people know what they want? Explore the see-saw emotions and situations that impede the due course of happily ever after.
- POV should be split 50/50 between the hero and heroine. 3rd is preferable but 1st POV is acceptable. No secondary characters should have their own POV.
- The heat level should be anywhere from a simmering spark to scorching.
- Manuscripts must be complete at 45-65K words in length. Novellas must be complete at 30-40K words are accepted at this time.
- Single or series titles
- Must include query letter and brief synopsis with submission
- Age play/pedophilia
- Bestiality. Steamy shifter sex (in human form) is welcome.
- Edge play. Including, but not limited to, blood, breath, scat/urine, knife, and gun. If it’snot safe, we’re not interested.
- Incest. No blood relatives, please. We do, however, accept stepsiblings, and in-laws.
- Rape as titillation
Get notified of advanced book and software releases!
Enter your e-mail address to receive regular updates, as well as news on upcoming events and special offers.
Start reading your new faves today!